During our trip to Disneyland, we used a double stroller we borrowed from a friend. It was great for walking around the park. Getting it to and from the park on the public transit bus was a little challenging, but we had a system worked out where I would take the back pack and the kids onto the bus, and then Jack would bring the stroller and swipe our passes.
The problem was when Jack took one of the girls back to the park for some alone time after lunch. I then had to get Joseph, the other girl and the stroller on the bus, swipe the passes, and keep the children and stroller from falling all over the bus. I had a plan: fold the stroller while waiting for the bus, leave it outside on the sidewalk while getting the children situated and passes swiped, and then go back out to get the stroller. Then repeat the process in reverse while getting off the bus.
Every time I rode the bus without Jack, I was amazed by how kind the other riders were. There was someone who would help with the stroller, sometimes holding it on the bus, but always someone else carried it off for me so I could care for the children. I was so grateful for the kindness and thoughtfulness shown to my by complete strangers. It reminded me that chivalry is not dead. It also reminded me to look for opportunities to do small services for others-- things that don't take too much effort on my part could mean so much to someone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment