Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Princess or Witch?

Recently Miriam has been playing princesses. She and Rebecca are princesses, Joseph is a prince, Jack is the king and I am the queen. She has a "royal throne' on the couch to sit in, and wraps a blanket around herself as part of her princess attire. My favorite part of this little game is that whenever the queen tells you to do something, she replies, "Yes, your Majesty!" And she does it! Amazing. She also wants to be called Princess Miriam, and you respond with "Yes, your Majesty" to her as well.

Saturday night (remember that is the night before Mother's Day) I gave the girls baths. After their baths, Rebecca got out her chap stick. I didn't think much of it, but then she started to put it on really thick. I told her it was fine, but that she would have to wash it off her face. Next thing I know, she has used it as face paint to color her eyebrows and nose. I took it away from her and finished getting Miriam out of the bath. While Miriam was drying off, I left the bathroom for a minute, and when I returned, her face was also painted. Miriam then proceeded to tell me and Rebecca, "We're not princesses, we're witches! We have to capture all the princesses and put them in the dungeon!" It was one of those times when I wanted to laugh, but I had just gotten them out of the bath and the blue didn't come off all the way!

1 comment:

Ali said...

:) That's one of those times when you really don't know wether to laugh or to cry! But even though I'm not a mom, I'm sure that you'll miss it when they are all grown up and have moved on to to sophisticated pinks rather than the "Fairytlae Witches" blue. :)
Hey, Umm, I don't have your email address, but if you shoot me one, than I'll add you to my address book. :) I just switched my email, so yopu can now catch me on johndeereblonde@gmail.com. (I'm only sticking this on here because your blog is so secure, and I trust your friends.) :)
Tel the kids "Hi" for me?