
This week is crazy. Between preparing for vacation, planning a birthday party, teaching Young Women's on Sunday and doing the midweek activity, visiting teaching, parent-teacher conferences... it has been a little stressful for me! I went beyond just making a list of what needed to be done-- I made a list on each day of the calendar so I wouldn't forget something and get caught Friday with 20 things left to do!
The weatherman has been forecasting snow for today for about a week now. Yesterday morning I watched the weather and it said 5-8 inches of snow. A good snowstorm, but nothing to cancel plans. Then last night Jack saw that the forecast had been altered to 8-16 inches with blizzard conditions. Well, that changes things! We got a call from the school district at 6 this morning informing us school was cancelled, and then another this evening saying it was cancelled tomorrow as well. What a blessing!
This snowstorm couldn't be more perfect for me. I didn't have to go to Parent-Teacher Conferences this afternoon. Visiting Teaching tomorrow is cancelled. I don't have to stress about getting to the store-- it's not going to happen! (I just need the stuff to make cream filling for the cupcakes for Miriam's birthday, and, as Jack said, the kids don't care!) I was able to get the house cleaned, some birthday preparations done and some responsibilities for church done today. Rebecca even told me she was glad she was staying home tomorrow so she could help get ready for Miriam's party.
And, to top it all off, the perfect storm should move on through tomorrow, leaving the weather Saturday in the upper 40's for the birthday party!
I'd like to thank Jack for his hard work in removing the snow from my blessing of a snowstorm from the driveway. I think he was out there shoveling for an hour and a half!

The girls braved the snow for about 5 minutes-- that's all mom would allow. They had fun even though it was snowing and the wind was really blowing!

No comments:
Post a Comment