Friday, March 20, 2009

Hot or Cold

Miriam can be such a sweet girl. Sometimes she comes up to me, gives me a hug, and whispers, "You're the best mom!" Sometimes at dinner she tells me, "You're the best cook!" Then there are the sweet snuggles and kisses from her that make all the stresses of motherhood worth it.

Then there is the about-face. When she is upset with me, she will tell me, "You're the meanest!" Then times when I don't let her have something she wants, she will tell me, "Do I need to hit you?" Now I know that 'they' say that children say what they hear, but I have no idea where she hears that! I certainly never say such things to her!

Miriam is such a funny girl. She can win my heart so easily when she is loving and kind. When she is angry, it makes me laugh to see her trying to intimidate me (I know I'm not that big, but come on!). Hopefully the sweet girl will win out over the agression!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I understand totally! Katelyn can be so sweet one minute and then turn on me the next. I think it's their age and also that we're safe. They know that no matter what they do or say, we will love them unconditionally. LY-Shell