Sunday, August 16, 2009

Heartbreak

I just found out that Jack's sister Julie had another miscarriage. My heart breaks for her. This is her second miscarriage in about 6 months. I had just talked to her a week or so ago, and she told me how well things were going. She wasn't bleeding like she had been with the previous pregnancies. She was just out of her first trimester. I am so sorry.

This has made me think about how grateful I am for my children. While I have had problems with my pregnancies, each time I have gotten pregnant I have been blessed to bring a healthy baby home from the hospital with me. I am so grateful for this blessing! Even with all the physical illness and limitations I experience as well as the mental stress from pregnancy, I am overwhelmed with the blessing of having healthy children. I will strive to be the type of mother that is constantly aware of the blessing these little ones are in my life.

Julie, my heart breaks for you. Know I pray for you and the Lord will help you heal.

3 comments:

Tera said...

I have experienced several miscarriages. Once, after two times in a row and then bleeding with the third and being told I would miscarry that one too, I began wondering if I would ever carry a baby again. It was heartwrenching. My heart goes out to her.

taradon said...

I feel for her, too. I have only had one miscarriage, but it was heartbreaking. I was just out of my 1st trimester also, so I know that it's even more painful at that point, because you think that everything is going to be okay at that point. My sister has had 8 miscarriages and I don't know how she can stand the pain. I will say a prayer for your sister-in-law.

Shelly said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your sister-in-law and her family. I am so sorry for their loss, it is such a horrible sadness to bare.