
Several months ago, Joseph discovered how to open doors all by himself. This was so exciting for him! He especially loved to open the basement door and the pantry door. Of course, these are two of the places I like for him to get into the least.

Joseph would open the pantry door, go inside, and close the door so I wouldn't be able to find him. Then he would open boxes of crackers and cereal to eat, dump, and generally make a mess. No fun for mom.

So recently I put a child lock on the door to the pantry. Joseph hasn't figured out how to open these, yet, so he can't get into the pantry. Hooray! Unfortunately, his snacking habits have not gone away. During those last 10 minutes before dinner, he has now started opening the basement door, going downstairs, and getting a bag of goldfish from the food storage. He doesn't seem convinced that he won't starve before dinner!
No comments:
Post a Comment