Miriam loves listening to audio books. It all started about 6 months ago when Jack burned a CD of Clementine for the girls to listen to. Rebecca liked it, but Miriam LOVED it. She will listen to that CD over and over. The girls have a CD player in their bedroom, so Miriam listens to the audio books while she is getting dressed, cleaning her room, having rest time, going to bed, and just for fun. (Maybe this is why it takes her so long to do these tasks...)
Since Clementine was getting old, we started checking out audio books from the library. They have a good selection of classic stories for children, so we have developed variety in Miriam's listening as well as exposing her to a variety of literature. Yesterday we stopped by the library and found The Tale of Peter Rabbit and Other Stories. Miriam was so excited because there were 5 CD's in the case instead of just one. She listened to the first CD last night. Lots of fun.
Now I must mention that I usually really like that Miriam enjoys the audio books. They occupy her time, teach her about classic literature, and I am free to do other things while she is listening. There are times, however, that I do not like for her to listen to the audio books. 2:30 am, for example. Yes, at 2:30 this morning I was awoken to the Tales of Peter Rabbit. The story seemed especially loud at that hour. When I went into the girls' room, I saw both girls lying in bed. Was the CD player broken? When I turned it off, Miriam sat up immediately. Obviously she had turned it on. I talked to her about it, and she told me she wanted to know how many tales were on the second CD. I told her she couldn't listen to her book in the middle of the night.
After comforting a crying Miriam, upset about not being able to listen to her audio book, and tucking Rebecca back in, I was able to go back to bed. Turns out that the only one not woken up was Joseph. Lucky guy.
3 comments:
hehe, that's great! At least you didn't wake up to a child lighting the house on fire. That happened to my mother.
Ahh, gotta love the kids! Right! At least they keep life interesting!
That's something Haley would do! (She has turned on the TV looking for shows at 3 in the morning.) She and Preston love the audio books, too.
Post a Comment