April 6, 2011 (5 months old)
The general recommendations that you hear from the doctor has changed in the past 8 1/2 years. Back when Rebecca was a baby, the doctor recommended starting solid foods between 4 and 6 months. Now with Ruth, the recommendation is to wait until 6 months before introducing solids. I was excited about this. Feeding a baby takes time and effort, so waiting a little longer seemed nice to me!
Ruth, however, was very interested in trying some more grown up fare. She wanted to be at the table with us. She would watch intently as we ate. She would open her mouth and reach for our food. So after we got things settled from her milk reaction, I decided to let her try some yummy rice cereal.
She loved it. Normally the first bite comes out just as fast as it went in. Not with Ruth. She opened wide for the next bite. She loved eating.
The next day when I got out the box of cereal and started mixing it, she stared intently at me and started opening her mouth for some food. Boy was she ready!
1 comment:
She is growing up so fast.....time flies! I am glad she is doing well and have figured out her allergies.
Post a Comment