Thanksgiving was no different for me. We were planning on leaving home about noon to drive to Colorado Springs to spend Thanksgiving with family. That morning, I was feeling my stress level rising. I was concerned that we wouldn't be ready in time. As I realized this was happening, I took some time out, prayed, and decided that I wouldn't let myself get stressed out. It didn't matter if we were a little late.
We managed to get out of the house just a few minutes after 12, so we were right on time. In Castle Rock, we hit some stop-and-go construction. There were construction signs, but no construction. As we were going through this, we were rear-ended. As we sat on the side of the road, I realized there were many things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving.
I am grateful that the guy who hit us has insurance.
I am grateful the children were so calm about an extra hour added to a two-hour trip (and that they went to sleep!).
I am grateful Jack is able to take care of the situation and remain calm about it all.
(Rebecca, Becca, Maren, TJ, Robert)
I am grateful we were able to see my brother Robert and his family that drove out from Utah for the holiday.
I am grateful the cousins all played so well together.
4 comments:
That's too bad about being rear ended. It sounds like you had so much to be grateful for and good for you recognizing that. Not everyone would. Hope you had a great holiday and are calm for the next one. :)
I'm so thankful no one was hurt in the accident & that you were still able to enjoy your Thanksgiving with family. I saw Jack in a red van yesterday, but just figured you got a new van. So glad you're all o.k.!!
Glad to hear everyone (and the pies) were okay. Car crashes can be REALLY scary things. You've kept some great perspective.
--Julean
It was great seeing you all! THanks so much for the game, it was the perfect gift! I can't think of a much better way to celebrate Sweet 16 than with s=my amazing family! I love you guys!
Post a Comment